Fairview International School
Lot 4178, Jalan 1/27D, Section 6, Wangsa Maju, Kuala Lumpur, 53300, Malaysia
+60 3 4142 0888
Coeducational Day & Boarding
|Principal||Dr. Vincent Chian|
|Language of Instruction||English, Mandarin|
|Co-ed Age Range||3-19 years|
|Number of pupils||3,000|
|PYP||RM14,000 (US$3,370) per semester|
|MYP||RM27,000 (US$6499) per semester|
|DP||RM30,000 (US$7,221) per semester|
|Authorised IB Programmes||IBDP, IBMYP, IBPYP|
|Diploma Coordinator||Ms. Andi Elisa|
|MYP Coordinator||Dr. Evan Hui See Chin|
|PYP Coordinator||Ms. Jane Buniel|
Fairview is a network of 5 International Baccalaureate world schools located in strategic cities across Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Johor, Subang and Ipoh. Our mission is to serve the local and international community with the best in education in line with the IB philosophy of education for a better world.
As the largest provider of IB programmes, Fairview stands tall in delivering the IB programmes exclusively in line with our steadfast commitment to the IB philosophy.
Our students have received offers and scholarships for admittance at world-renowned universities like London School of Economics (Scholarship - Economics), Kings College (Scholarship - Dentistry), University of British Columbia (Scholarship - Engineering) and University of Melbourne (Scholarship - Chemical Engineering).
Learning at Fairview
* Academically Outstanding - Fairview's IB Diploma Programme consistently achieves outstanding results with a class average of 36.5 points for the past four years, placing the school among the top 27% IBDP schools in the world.
* International minded and globally responsible - Learners go on international expeditions twice a year, learning about different cultures and developing a deep understanding that others may also be right.
* Prepared For The Future - Fairview's uniquely developed Approaches to Learning programme received great acclaim from international educators at the 2012 IB Asia Pacific Conference.
* Structured and systematic - Fairview is able to develop important transferrable skills in a consistent manner, scaffolded from the PYP to the DP.
* Centred with Great Values - Learning at Fairview is interwoven with many opportunities to develop an understanding of the Learner Profile attributes, built naturally into the curriculum. Learning Genetics and the value of being principled are taught seamlessly in the same class, allowing our students to link classroom experiences to real world ethical challenges.
* Balanced - Our unique music programme ensures that every Fairview student has the opportunity to learn an orchestral instrument, learning musical theory within the IB programmes. Students learn music concepts and acquire instrument mastery, all during school hours.
* Creative and Inquiring - A first of its kind, all Fairview students take a trip annually to our very own purpose built Fairview EduResort at Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan. Classroom learning goes outdoors, developing an incredible sense of inquiry and creativity as learning develops relevance, blended with adventures and experiments all done under a cool breeze by the beach.
* Proficiency in Language - Mandarin, taught in phases, is compulsory for all students. This, added to host country language and mother tongue, ensures all Fairview students are multilingual.
* ABRSM Music Medals - Fairview is the first and only school outside of the UK to offer the Music Medals assessment run by the UK's Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music.
* Lifelong learners - Professional Learning Communities combined with a well-structured modular learning programme mean that teachers learn what they need and when they need it, in small, personal learning teams. Fairview is the only school to be authorised to deliver the IB Certificate in Teaching and Learning, recognition of the rigour of our teacher development programme.
* Active in the IB Community - Fairview actively shares in the teaching community, and has been consistently invited to present at the 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2016 IB Asia Pacific conferences on topics ranging from Language Acquisition in the MYP, Approaches to Learning, iPads in education and International Mindedness.
* Internationally Recognised - Our team of educators include visiting school team members, IB workshop leaders and curriculum reviewers. One of our staff has been appointed the MYP Language Acquisition Portfolio Author and Lead Examiner training teachers all over the world on how to mark MYP portfolios in various languages.
* Trained educators - All teachers at Fairview will have an option of taking a step up their career ladder by undergoing a postgraduate course while working at the same time. University College Fairview allows teachers to obtain their PGDE or Masters; fully accredited by the IBO.
Find out more about Fairview International School by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting our website at www.fairview.edu.my.