← Back to search results
French-American School of New York

French-American School of New York

320 East Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck, NY 10543, USA

+1 914 250 0000


admissions@fasny.org

www.fasny.org

French-American School of New York
School type Coeducational Day
Founded 1980
Status Private
Head of School Mr. Francis Gianni
Language of Instruction English, French
Co-ed Age Range 3-18
Number of pupils 700
Tuition, per year US$27,625 - US$36,165
Authorised IB Programmes IBDP
Diploma Coordinator Françoise Monier
Associations NYSAIS, IB

The French-American School of New York (FASNY) is an international and bilingual independent coeducational day school providing an international education to approximately 700 students in Nursery through Grade 12. FASNY develops globally literate, multicultural lifelong learners through a unique program that integrates French, American, and international curricula.

A unique location

FASNY is located in Westchester County, New York, 20 miles north of Manhattan (35 minutes from Grand Central Station by rail) and 9 miles south of Greenwich, Connecticut. Most families choose to enjoy the space and quiet that this peaceful yet active area has to offer with a convenient commute to Manhattan.

Stellar academics

FASNY is the only school in the New York metropolitan area to be accredited by the International Baccalaureate Organisation and by the French Ministry of Education (AEFE). We are also accredited by the New York State Association of Independent Schools. Our students enjoy the unique privilege of graduating with either the IBDP or the French Baccalaureate (with or without the International Option) and a New York State High School Diploma.

The school offers a bilingual immersion program in Nursery through Kindergarten, bringing children of all cultural and linguistic backgrounds to academic fluency in French and English. In grades 1 through 8, students have the option to continue with the French-American Track or a new International Track. New in 2020, FASNY offers a predominantly English speaking curriculum for students in grades 1 through 8. With little to no french required, students study roughly 70% of their subjects in English, with the remaining 30% in French, at the individual level and pace of each child’s language skills. This lower and middle school International Track naturally leads students to our current 9-12 international curriculum, creating a cohesive 1-12 learning environment.

Each year FASNY sends students to top colleges and universities. Our acceptance list includes: Columbia, Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, and Yale in the United States, and Cambridge, Imperial College, LSE, Oxford, and UCL in the United Kingdom. Many students also choose to study in Canada, France, and other fine European institutions.

A vast array of co-curricular activities

Our strong Arts, Music, and Athletics programs along with our many clubs ensure a well-rounded education and encourage leadership. Strong Community Service, educational trips, and a large choice of clubs all contribute to the development of balanced and caring individuals.

A diverse and welcoming community

Our community of teachers and students represents over 50 nationalities, and the fabric of our school is one of tolerance, acceptance, and appreciation of our diversity. We mix French and American school-life traditions, creating a warm and engaging experience for our students.