Pierce - The American College of Greece
6 Gravias Street, Aghia Paraskevi, Athens, 153 42, Greece
+30 210 600 9800 (Ext:1060)
|President||Dr. David G. Horner|
|Language of Instruction||English, Greek|
|Authorised IB Programmes||IBDP|
|Diploma Coordinator||Dr. Emmanuel Vrontakis|
Founded in 1875, Pierce - The American College of Greece is a private, non-sectarian, non-profit institution accredited and regulated by the Greek Ministry of Education. Pierce has been offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP), since 2016.
The Pierce Mission
The mission of Pierce is to provide holistic education to form intellectually independent, morally responsible, socially engaged global citizens. "Non ministrari sed ministrare" ("Not to be served but to serve") defines our institutional character and our aspiration for our students.
Why Pierce-IB is unique
1. Small class sizes (5-15 students), which augment group work and learning, as well as facilitate interactive teaching and academic collaboration.
2. Pierce-IB DP students are supported with additional class sessions, enabling families to eliminate private tutoring and alleviate from additional expenses.
3. Supervised Study Sessions: since all Pierce-IB DP students follow the daily schedule of the mainstream program, with less number of courses (than those mandated by the Greek curriculum). Hence, each student will have - approximately - two 2-period sessions (per week) with no class. For these time slots our students have three options:
4. Pierce-IB DP is supported by highly qualified and trained teachers, with extensive experience in the Diploma Programme and University education. The majority of teachers (55%) hold a PhD degree and all of them (100%) hold either an MSc or an MA degree. The IBO verification team was most impressed by the academic qualifications, the passion and the commitment of the school staff.
5. We take advantage of all divisions of The American College of Greece (Pierce, Deree, Alba), exchanging best teaching practices, undergraduate education experience and high-end facilities, such as:
6. Pierce-IB DP is fully integrated with campus life and the regular high school program. Our students can take part in all activities the School has to offer, choosing from more than 50 Clubs, Pan-Hellenic or European contests and International Programs such as: Model United Nations, Harvard Model Congress Europe, University of Delaware Summer Program, Phillips Exeter Summer School.